WordPress Technical Lead - Remote
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact.
All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a WordPress Technical Lead.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Anne Stefanyk, CEO/Founder
It was the love of the open source community and the direct need she saw for an agency focused around customer success that drove Anne to build Kanopi.
She envisioned Kanopi’s workplace to be a place where the clients and employees alike would feel connected and supported. A place where she could feel 100% confident that every detail of every project would be covered. She imagined a place where all who engaged with Kanopi would feel surprised and delighted by the day-to-day operations.
With that vision in mind, Kanopi Studios was born. Kanopi Studios is now a team of 45 people, where 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals. Kanopi is about good work with good people creating a better web for everyone.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Technical Lead, your day-to-day includes working closely with clients and project managers; leading project teams of developers; defining project development activities and technical solutions, and being a resource for your peers. You will be hands-on developing and maintaining sites while keeping your team accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Director of Engineering.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of WordPress sites.
- Talking directly with clients about their technical challenges and business needs and documenting their requirements.
- Working with UX, Design, and management team members to plan a project in the early phases.
- Owning the project team’s overall technical approach, defining project tasks and estimates, and being a point of continuity.
- Providing architectural vision that helps your developers guide their implementation decisions.
- Answering questions from and providing mentorship to others on your team.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of WordPress development experience, including writing custom plugins and themes.
- Have experience consulting with clients in an agency setting - planning, documenting, and presenting technical solutions.
- Have impeccable writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce and present comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Are experienced partnering with project management to delegate technical tasks, manage change, and surface potential project issues.
- Have a passion for modern development tools and methods, and for the web and open source development.
- Demonstrate inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. We’ll only contact those candidates that we feel are a good match. Sorry. That’s just the way it goes.
We've done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we're not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that's it.
If you're awesome, we want to hear from you!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.