PT Virtual Administrative Assistant for Website Agency - Remote
(Part-time - approx 20 hpw - coverage for an employee going out on maternity leave, commencing immediately with opportunity to extend beyond mat leave coverage)
About Our Company
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact.
All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a part-time Executive Assistant.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Anne Stefanyk, CEO/Founder
It was the love of the open source community and the direct need she saw for an agency focused around customer success that drove Anne to build Kanopi.
She envisioned Kanopi’s workplace to be a place where the clients and employees alike would feel connected and supported. A place where she could feel 100% confident that every detail of every project would be covered. She imagined a place where all who engaged with Kanopi would feel surprised and delighted by the day-to-day operations.
With that vision in mind, Kanopi Studios was born. Kanopi Studios is now a team of 45 people, where 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals. Kanopi is about good work with good people creating a better web for everyone.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will work closely with CEO, VP of Operations and other members of the Kanopi Management team to provide professional administrative assistance in a fun, team-oriented environment. You have a passion and track record in managing multiple priorities and have a high attention to detail. You have a curiosity on how to better processes that will grow into an expert level organizational skill-set.
You will have a great attitude and are comfortable working with fast paced teams all with the ability to talk to staff, clients and developers. You will work with the team to assist in the delivery of administrative solutions for the company, the staff and our clients.
- Manage various executive and company calendars and schedule meetings
- Take notes on calls and assist with managing follow up tasks
- Administer customer service interactions when needed; scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Coordinate travel, reserve transportation, and create associated travel schedules
- Tracking hours and updating reporting spreadsheets
- Find and order products and services (eg. office supplies, florists, gifts, catering, etc.)
- Coordinating company events, as well as Kanopi’s participation in industry events
- Managing Kanopi corporate structure documents
- Organizing materials for conferences
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
- Experience as an administrative assistant (2-5+ years)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience administering and coordinating distributed project teams
- Professional examples demonstrating:
- A desire to learn and eagerness to improve work processes
- A commitment to delivering high quality work on time
- An ability to handle multiple, often competing, priorities
- Strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience with google drive
- English as a first language
- Passion for the web, open source development, and working with a bunch of fun people with a great sense of humor!
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. We’ll only contact those candidates that we feel are a good match. Sorry. That’s just the way it goes.
We've done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we're not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that's it.
If you're awesome, we want to hear from you!
Kanopi is a distributed agency—meaning that we get the job done from our homes, from a co-working space or coffee shop—wherever we do our best work. We are collaborative and dedicated to creating awesome websites for our clients.
Benefits of Working at Kanopi
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.