Agency Sales Executive - Remote
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress. We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact. All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as an Agency Sales Executive.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Anne Stefanyk, CEO/Founder
It was the love of the open source community and the direct need she saw for an agency focused around customer success that drove Anne to build Kanopi.
She envisioned Kanopi’s workplace to be a place where clients and employees alike would feel relaxed and supported. A place where she could feel 100% confident that every detail of every project would be covered. She imagined a place where all who engaged with Kanopi would feel surprised and delighted by the day-to-day operations.
With that vision in mind, Kanopi Studios was born. Kanopi Studios is now a team of 45 people, where 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals. Kanopi is about good work with good people creating a better web for everyone.
ABOUT THE JOB
As an Agency Sales Executive, your day-to-day includes spending your time working closely with potential clients as leads come in during the sales process. You will qualify leads, create clarity, and build out a value-based, consultative solution to meet the prospective client’s website needs. You will work with the sales engineering team to craft and present technical solutions; provide accurate estimates, and be a resource for implementation after the sale closes.This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to the CEO.
Your typical work week might include:
- Following up on leads as they come in, overcoming technical and business objections of potential clients.
- Conducting calls with key decision makers, including in-depth needs assessments with technical decision-makers.
- Capturing requirements and assumptions for strategy, design, development, and support services.
- Presenting our vision for potential clients via targeted sales materials, proposals, and other related deliverables.
- Executing and monitoring all sales activities for RFPs.
- Facilitating service agreements upon close.
- Using Hubspot to track outcomes and results.
- Managing the website sales pipeline (you won’t be required to cold-call leads, but you will be required to execute our processes).
Our Technology Stack includes: HubSpot, Slack, Gmail, Google Drive, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Zoom.
Ideally, you’ve worked with each of these software platforms, but it’s not a dealbreaker if we have to train you on a new system – we know how quickly the communication, media, and productivity tools out there can change.
Your success will not only be measured by actionable, measurable results, such as referrals converting to clients, but also in your ability to manage multiple projects, manage your time wisely, and expertly prioritize your projects.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation are commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have experience as a website sales representative or business development representative with B2B sales at a digital agency.
- Absolutely LOVE the problem we’re solving for our customers and feel you are ready to contribute to achieving our mission and vision as a key member of our team.
- Promote a winning, positive culture.
- Are team players, who are resilient and consistent.
- Have a passion for the business, the job, and helping clients to be successful.
- Have proven experience selling websites; specifically $100K-500K website strategy, design and development projects.
- Have a proven ability to translate challenges into opportunities.
- Have presentation experience, demonstrating excellent written and verbal communications.
- Promote strong creative thinking.
- Are able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Are ambitious and competitive, but friendly and down to earth.
- Are self-directed, a team player, and a fast learner.
- Are experienced with HubSpot (preferred).
- Have a passion for the web and open source development.
- Have examples of inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communications.
- Have 5+ years of Drupal & WordPress website sales experience
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- Tell us one example of your work history that demonstrates you are the perfect candidate for this position.
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. We’ll only contact those candidates that we feel are a good match. Sorry. That’s just the way it goes.
We've done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we're not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that's it.
If you're awesome, we want to hear from you!
Kanopi is a distributed agency—meaning that we get the job done from our homes, from a co-working space or coffee shop—wherever we do our best work. We are collaborative and dedicated to creating awesome websites for our clients.
Benefits of Working at Kanopi
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.